Thursday, April 12, 2012

Orange Zombies

This post comes to you at 10:30 MST, right in the middle of studying for a chemistry test. I am tired, brain-dead, and I feel the need to vent.

I have an app on my macbook that I downloaded for free from the app store. The sole purpose of this app is simply to waste time. There's no other possible use for it.

You run around on a two dimensional surface devoid of any decoration as a man in a gray t-shirt and jeans, carrying a shotgun and wearing earmuffs. The wonderful thing about this shotgun is that you can fire as many times as you wish. The creator of this game must have received his inspiration from every movie ever made involving guns.

Anywho, with only these aspects, the game would be incredibly boring as there would be nothing to shoot. The catch: orangish-pink humanoid zombie demon figures spawn endlessly into this map. Your goal: survive as long as possible while blowing the snot out of every one of these things you can find. Bloody? Of course. Cheesy? Naturally. Boring? Only if you've been doing something other than study chemistry for hours on end.

After massacring dozens of these growling, unintelligent creatures, something occurred to me.

Do I want to spend the rest of my life shooting orange zombies?

Do I want to pour my life into something that is fun at first, but becomes incredibly dull as time goes on?

Or....do I want to shoot PINK zombies? Yellow zombies? Chartreuse zombies? Puce zombies? Bright blue zombies? Zombies that vary? Zombies that require something different than a shotgun to defeat, like  a rocket launcher or a machine gun or a didgeridoo?

Do I want to shoot these zombies alongside other people who are good at shooting other types of zombies? Who, maybe, do it in a different way than I do?

I hope the metaphor was obvious enough for you to catch it. If you didn't get it, it's because you can't identify with demon zombies and you need to become more tolerant.

3 comments:

  1. Orange (or other colored) zombies should be allowed to shoot back, it is only fair. But, who said life has to be fair. Indians coming around a rock are better, just like in the Lone Ranger movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NEON PINK zombies with PUCE STRIPES!!!!!
    (This should ring a bell...)

    Who needs a shotgun when you can have the Sword? haha.

    Nice piece, bro; I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete